Herbalife 31 October 2023
Nutrients per serving:
- Energy: 158 kcal
- Protein: 13.7 g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1 g
- Carbohydrate of which sugars: 1.0 g
- Fat: 6.0 g
- Fat of which saturates: 1.4 g
- Fibre: 1.7 g
- Salt: 0.8 g
- 96 g Protein Bake Mix
- 112 g Protein Drink Mix
- 50 g wholemeal flour, plus extra to dust
- 100 g reduced fat margarine, melted
- 70 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 20 cm round oven tin
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3 and line the bottom of the tin with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Protein Bake Mix, Protein Drink Mix and flour. Mix in the melted margarine, then stir in the milk gradually. Use your hand to bring the mixture together into a dough by kneading for 1 minute. The mixture should be firm but sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and dip a metal spoon in a small cup of water or milk and use it to smooth it down the mixture to fill the whole tin, creating a smooth surface. Using the tines of a fork, dusted in flour, make a pattern all around the edge of the shortbread by pushing the fork tines into the mixture and making an indent. Score four lines going from one end of the tin to the other at equal intervals, so you have eight triangles within the circle. Prick the shortbread with a fork several times within the triangles to make a spotty pattern.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden, then allow to cool in the tin. Remove from the tin and cut where you scored the lines to create triangle pieces of shortbread.
*The Protein Bake Mix nutritional profile is unchanged when cooked/heated, however, if other Herbalife products are used in the recipes too, some of the vitamin levels in those products may decline by cooking.